WEU mission statement:
Are you new to the sport and want to start judging? Are you a rider and would like to know more about what judges are looking for? We also have developed a path for you. If you have any questions, please ask.
Are you a horse that needs something to do? Are you bored of standing around in the pasture with your buddies? WEU was created to help give you a fun way to spend your time. We recognize that classical horsemanship is a healthy way to keep you active both in mind and body. It is your owner’s responsibility to always practice good horsemanship and realize that each horse has an individual learning style. Every horse learns at a different speed. This process may take one horse several weeks and another only minutes. Some horses need to see it all from the ground and some will learn better with the rider mounted. The amount of time it takes a horse to accept this challenge is no reflection on how the horse will perform in competition. It is important to remember that all of these exercises don’t have to be completed in one session. Some exercises need to be broken up into even smaller exercises to help the horse become accepting of the challenge it is being presented. Let us help you find the perfect balance.
Here is a list of future goals planned for WEU:
Type of content:
- To build an obstacle speed phase course/lesson
- To build a cow working phase course/lesson
- To build a troubleshooting or problem-solving list for each lesson
- To build an independent instructor training course/lesson
- To build continuing educations lessons for the judging certification program
- To build and expand the judging certification program to include other WAWE national groups
- Educational video content for each obstacle
- Educational video content for each movement in the dressage trial
- Educational video content for troubleshooting
- Educational video content for working cows
- Explanation video content for each obstacle